Chattanooga REIA Code of Ethics
Our Commitment to Responsible Real Estate Investing
Chattanooga REIA members acknowledge that our association is an organization of people whose purpose is to promote our collective real estate investing success through education, networking and community service. In order to pursue these ends in a legal and ethical manner, all Chattanooga REIA members will be held to the highest standard of professionalism and integrity. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Members will keep themselves informed of local, state, and federal laws and other matters affecting housing in their community.
- Members will not discriminate against any person for reasons of race, age, religion, creed, sex, country of national origin, children, marital status, or disability.
- Members will acknowledge that a real estate investing business, when conducted properly, helps to return real property to its highest and best use, which ultimately leads to higher property values for our community.
- Members will comply with all relevant public policies governing the health, safety, and welfare of consumers, and protect them by using quality materials, workmanship, and construction practices.
- Members will provide safe, sanitary housing within the limits and guidelines of the laws.
- Members will act as a positive role model for the professions of real estate investing and housing providers when dealing with buyers, sellers, tenants, the public, the media, government officials and others.
- Members will provide assistance and/or help other members whenever possible and recognize that when we help others accomplish their goals we enhance the probability that we will accomplish our own.
- Members will not perform or cause to be performed any act which would tend to reflect on or bring Chattanooga REIA into disrepute.
- Members will not misrepresent any material facts in their business dealings, and will not cheat, take advantage of, or malign other members, property owners or residents.
- Members will not engage in or tolerate other members engaging in illegal practices of any nature.
By becoming a member of the Chattanooga REIA, each member pledges to conduct his/her business in accordance to the guidelines listed above. Chattanooga REIA reserves the right to review the complaint of any other member, property owner, or resident, and at its sole discretion, reserves the right to revoke membership of any member at any time for any reason.